FILMMAKERS OF THE YEAR FILM FESTIVAL
- Rules and Regulation -
By submitting your film(s) or screenplay(s) to FILMMAKERS OF THE
YEAR FILM FESTIVAL (the Festival), you are agreeing to all TERMS
AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases has been
legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc. The
submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any
legal action whatsoever.
2. Films could be from any year.
3. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray
(optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD,
with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your
envelope and shipping documents with "Not for commercial use -
For Cultural Purposes Only".
B) All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
C) All transportation/shipping costs (including customs
clearance), plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be
borne by the participants. The Festival Director reserves the
right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 3A
through courier/post/professional transfer service. We do not
accept data for final judging and screening. We do not receive
downloads of any kind.
5. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in
our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for
unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
9. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have
accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and
reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity
purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material
not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
10. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards
at the award ceremony.
11. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning
filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will
only receive laurels.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will
be screened. The festival has the full right to select the
winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film
unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening
of good quality.
14. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for
any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the
15. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes
in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so
due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
16. All filmmakers/submitter are expected to keep communications
with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do
so may result in disqualification at any point in the
adjudication process, including the nullification of Official
Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will
only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to
the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to
communicate with any other persons.
17. The festival has the right to work with any institution and
partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint
events or promotions.
18. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary
changes in regulations or scheduling.
19. The submitter/filmmakers acknowledges that remediation of
any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
20. Submitter/filmmakers agree to indemnify us and hold us and
our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from
all claims and liability associated with your participation or
entry to the Festival.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to FILMMAKERS
OF THE YEAR FILM FESTIVAL (FYFF) shall be subjected to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta.
Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival
will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the
submission fee paid, or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker indicates
that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all
of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms
and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.